8.88 ct. Grandidierite, Rare, Translucent, Good Color, Step Cut
Gem Type - Grandidierite
Shape - Faceted Rectangle
Weight - 8.88 carats
Size - 17.5mm x 11.5mm x 4.5mm
Color - Blue-Green
Clarity - Translucent
Luster - Excellent
Treatment - None
Hardness - 7-7.5 mohs
Notes - One of the rarest stones on earth. Heavily opaque stones of little color are almost worthless. The more transparent or higher colored stones can get very, very pricey.
Recently, a vein or large horde of grandidierite was introduced into the market. The vein/horde alone should not have affected pricing much but dealers used the, "rarest stone in the world," title to sell poor quality stones for too much and then flooded the market with older material.
The few specimens that we have are not perfect clarity (nor are they being sold for a fortune per carat) but they have very good translucency and good to excellent color, making them very expensive, normally. A good price would be 5000.00 a carat.
Frankly, we almost stole these larger stones due to a seller's ignorance that had high grade material and thought the huge poor quality sell-off lowered the price of even good quality stones. We are passing the savings on to you. $100.00 per carat for collector or gem quality stone, ridiculously low.
- 100% untreated, high quality
- 100% natural mined Grandidierite
- Ridiculously low pricing will remain active until July 31st then back into our vault.
- Let the buyer beware when buying these stones from dealers!
- We will happily have these GIA certified at your expense and we will pay for the stone and the testing if it were to fail and we pay any return shipping.
- See how many dealers on eBay offer you that!